WE'VE MOVED!

WAIT, NO. HIDE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Starting February 2014 this blog will be out of action.

But DO NOT DESPAIR. We've just moved, and you can still find the same riveting and informative posts that you have come to expect on our new blog:

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Illuxcon This Weekend




Hey guys! I'm about to head out to Illuxcon to exhibit at the weekend salon and wanted to give you a quick preview of some work that will be there.  

I love doing small paintings for studies and will be bringing a few odd portraits of knights and dragons. 
Above is one of the brave fellows that will be there.  

Also, a here is a quick primer on how to paint a tiny 5"x7" painting:



Step 1: Draw in the shapes in raw sienna.



 Step 2: Fill in the shadows with burnt and raw sienna.



Step 3. Now just paint the whole dang thing. 

I will be bringing the new 2013 Sketchbooks as well other books and a lot of new prints. 
Also, I will be exhibiting the final oil painting of Smaug for the first time this weekend!  


Stop by and say hi if you happen to be passing through! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey good luck at Illuxcon Justin - I wish I could be there just to see your Smaug painting in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things go well at Illuxcon, and I wish I could be there. The painting of Smaug looks truly spectacular, even just from the photo in this post. The original digital one has always been one of my favorite of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete