WE'VE MOVED!

WAIT, NO. HIDE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Starting February 2014 this blog will be out of action.

But DO NOT DESPAIR. We've just moved, and you can still find the same riveting and informative posts that you have come to expect on our new blog:

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Steampunk Wizard of Oz: Color Comps

The Steampunk Wizard of Oz idea was such an appealing concept that I ended up doing several dozen conceptual sketches before arriving at the piece I did for the previous entries and the 2009 IMC.

There are 2 concepts in particular that I would like to do in oil, if you all will permit me.




I'll be finishing the previous watercolor and digital piece tomorrow, but I will also be posting a progression of these pieces in oil during the next few days leading up to Comicon.

For those of you who will be attending Comicon in San Diego, stop by and visit me at the Portland Studios booth. It is going to rock. For some shots of last years immaculate action, check out these shots of awesome people. This year, on top of being publicly awesome, Cory Godbey and I will be rocking the convention center's socks off by painting original pieces on site. On top of this, we have also caved to the overwhelming public pressure to deliver new limited edition prints of recent works. And I do mean limited. While they last, we will be selling them like it is our duty to mankind at the convention.
Catch the action in San Diego. Booth #1032.

5 comments:

  1. These may be my favourite of yours so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin NOICE man, way more ballsy use of color than usual, it looks like. I dig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like they will be great. Your both sounds rockin' alright, I hope I can make it by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Permission granted! Paint these things like there's no tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Permit you?! Consider yourself encouraged!

    ReplyDelete